Google Analytics disabled.
Sign in / email@example.com
The workshop will focus on skin painting (pores, spots, hairs, marks) and how to manage colors to achieve a hyper-realistic treatment, from the first layer of paint to the addition of detailing so that the skin texture is designed with fluidity and depth.
The first part will be the conception of tones, values and color variations to achieve an illusion of three-dimensionality but the main focus will be on the careful addition of small details that will gradually raise the painting to a level of reality that surpasses the photographic reference .
The goal is for the participants to learn to differentiate the application of different types of texture that obey the "mesh" of the skin and the connections between the different parts of the chosen figure.
It will be preferable that participants already have a little prior knowledge of oil paint.
• Small presentation.
• Using Photoshop to capture color.
• Preparation of the medium
• Division of the canvas into quadrants to facilitate the perception of details.
• Applying ink to test canvas.
• Demonstration of how to work the details on different areas of the skin. (cheeks, nose, mouth, forehead, etc.)
• Application of paint on the main work of each student and differentiation
between basic application and application of details.
• MAIN ACTIVITY: Consultancy to finalize the work.
• Differentiation of detail between focused areas and blurred areas of the image.(Photographic effect)
• Individual consulting for the work of each of the students.
The workshop will have a wildcard spot that is free for an artist who can not afford the class. Luiz and the gallery team will review the submissions and select a promising artist. You can apply for the placeholder by emailing three of your artworks at firstname.lastname@example.org.